When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Limoncello Cheesecake
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 (12oz) container fresh whole-milk ricotta cheese
2 (8oz) packages cream cheese @ room temperature
1/2 cup Limoncello
(Ventura Spirits Limoncello $22.99 from Hi-Time Wine Cellars, Il Tramonto Limoncello Liqueur $18.99, Pallini Limoncello $27.99)
3 tbsp grated lemon zest
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs
8 ounces of fresh almond biscotti (We recommend purchasing from your local Italian market) (For us that’s Filomena’s Italian Kitchen & Market located at 2400 New port Blvd, Costa Mesa CA 92627)
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted (3/4 stick)
S T E P S
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Spray your Le Creuset 9 x 13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Grind your almond biscotti into fine crumbs (you can use a food processor). Add in melted butter and 1 tbsp lemon zest. Continue to process until butter spreads over all crumbs. Spread crumbs over bottom of pan, making sure not to go too high on the sides.
4. Bake about 15 minutes or until crust is golden. Cool the crust completely.
5. Blend ricotta in a food processor until smooth. Add cream cheese and sugar and continue to blend. Stop food processor occasionally to scrape down sides.
6. Add limoncello, vanilla, and remaining lemon zest to the food processor and blend.
7. Add eggs to food processor and pulse until blended.
8. Pour mixture into pan over the crust. Place the baking pan in a large roasting pan. Pour hot water into roasting pan, enough to come halfway up the sides of the smaller pan. (This helps keep the top of your cheesecake moist.) Bake for about 1 hour or until the cheesecake is golden and the center moves when gently shaken.
9. Cool for 1 hour.
10. Refrigerate for about 8 hours or until cheesecake is cold.
* spicy tip: Add candied lemons on top.
Cut lemons as thin as possible. In a wide-bottom pot, add one cup of sugar to one cup of water. Heat pot until sugar dissolves. Add lemons slices and let them poach till translucent (maybe 45mins).
Lay on parchment sheet to cool. Enjoy!